Equal Cost Multiple Path (ECMP) - Limit 4 (PA-5220)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Equal Cost Multiple Path (ECMP) - Limit 4 (PA-5220)

L2 Linker

Hi All,

I need your inputs here. I have a client using ECMP (4 Links.) and they recently procured another ISP making it 5. Based on the documentation of Palo Alto Networks, the max ECMP is 4. Is there any other work around to make ECMP 5 or utilize the 5th ISP?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

There's really not a way to get around the 4 link ECMP limit. You can separate the 5th link to a dedicated purpose or into a separate VR, but not into the same ECMP group.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

There's really not a way to get around the 4 link ECMP limit. You can separate the 5th link to a dedicated purpose or into a separate VR, but not into the same ECMP group.

Is there any reason why Palo Alto limit the 4 path for ECMP? Configuring Another VR would mean that traffic should be routed to the new VR for specific applications. I am also considering to our client to configure a PBF to the new ISP just to override the default routing table for specific apps.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!