Error message: "Internal error during commit process" on Panorama and PA firewall

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Error message: "Internal error during commit process" on Panorama and PA firewall

L0 Member

Hi there,

I am able to add a PA firewall into Panorama (both using PAN OS 10.1.4-h4). I successfully imported device config into Panorama and 

also pushed "the device config bundle" to firewall. so far all good as commit to Panorama is successful. However push to device failed with error message "Internal error during commit process" on both Panorama and PA firewall.

when I executed "less mp-log devsrv.log" command in the FW right after the commit failed, it says "Unable to execute eproxy script (512) as shown in the screenshot. Some people had resolved similar issue with FW reboot so I rebooted the firewall and panorama but didn't resolve the issue. Can anyone help me to identify the root cause of the issue ?

Screen Shot 2023-09-21 at 2.31.52 pm.png

Screen Shot 2023-09-21 at 2.32.14 pm.png

2 REPLIES 2

Community Team Member

Hi @yogesh2021 ,

The exact same issue was reported here:

panorama-push-error 

I also saw the same error related to an ipv6 being configured incorrectly.  The faulty IPv6 config was identified in the logs.

In that particular scenario the commit was successful once the IPV4 address under ipv6-default-gateway was removed:

Error:  pan_swg_config_envoy_reload(pan_swg_mp.c:151): Unable to execute eproxy script. Error(512)

debug:
pan_systemsettings_parse(pan_system_settings.c:4563): Invalid system/ipv6-default-gateway X.X.X.X

That being said, you might be running into a different issue so I'd recommend increasing to debug level logging and grab a tech support file for support to analyze.

Kind regards,

-Kim.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

L0 Member

Thanks @kiwi , I don't have any IPv6 address configured on the firewall. I just escalated the case to Palo Alto TAC, hope the issue will be resolved soon,

BTW, much appreciated your response.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!