Error on generating system logs

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Error on generating system logs

L2 Linker

i just upgraded to 9.1.11 from 9.1.10 and i get a pop up message saying "Error on generating system logs" but the logs shows up fine and updated

is this a bug ?

there isn't an error in the system monitor and i checked the known issues but it wasn't in them

perr.png

33 REPLIES 33

Thanks! I just upgraded and getting this error as well, so it must be most customers. 

L2 Linker

I installed the recently released hotfix (9.1.11-h2) and the bug is still present

L0 Member

Same here. Just upgraded to 9.1.11 this past weekend. I guess we will wait for a fix.

I tried restarting the mgmt-server
but same issue occurred

L1 Bithead

Same here. Just upgraded to 9.1.11 got the same thing, will wait for the fix.

Same issue

L0 Member

Its not a purely cosmetic bug, but it is relatively low impact, depending on your logging requirements. 

This message is generated when you visit the monitoring tab because the OS is trying, and failing to generate a system log that you accessed the monitor tab. 

Assuming your logs aren't cycling rapidly, you can verify that this used to happen with the following filter:

description contains "accessed Monitor tab"

Can you elaborate on this?  I'm not sure what you mean.  I see a bunch of entries when I go to Monitor > Logs > System > (description contains 'accessed Monitor tab' ) but I don't understand how that proves there is something more than a cosmetic bug.

L3 Networker

This is a known issue ID: PAN-177888.

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/pan-os/9-1/pan-os-release-notes/pan-os-9-1-release-information/kno...

Seems to not affect anything, the fix typically is to upgrade to a "preferred" release, however, for 9.1, 9.1.11 is is the preferred release.

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/customer-resources/support-pan-os-software-release-guidance/ta-...

To fix this, I believe upgrading to 9.1.12 (not the preferred/stable version for 9.1) would do it. Personally, I would consider upgrading to the next preferred version which is 10.0.7.

Cyberforce Commander.
Don't forget to hit that Like button if a post is helpful to you!

L2 Linker

yes from a reddit post they are saying it will be fixed in the next update

Target Fix Version/s:

9.0.15, 9.1.12, 10.0.8, 10.1.4

Hi PavelK,

Any update in this issue?

Snow

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Thank you for the message @SubaMuthuram

No update really. I would recommend to wait until 9.1.12 is released then check whether PAN-177888 is mentioned in Addressed Issues.

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

L1 Bithead

i have the same issue. After install 9.1.11 version, so i downgrade to the previus version (9.1.8) and all custom labels in the ACC tab and my custom configuration from logs view  was delated and restored to the default ACC tabs and logs view

L0 Member

Any latest update on this Issue. Even we see it for all PA 820, PA220 model after upgrade 9.1.11 h3. Appreciate for any quick response 

L3 Networker

Hi Team,

we have facing the same issue,any update on this?We would appreciate it.

• 33 replies
  • 3 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!