Feature Request - Reporting

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Feature Request - Reporting

L0 Member

I just spoke to Jim Silha about reporting.  Palo Alto comes with a user activity report.  Under the section 'Browing Summary by Website' there is a 'Host' column.  It is much more report friendly than say 'URL'.

I would like to be able to use that in my custom reports but was unable to find that under the 'Available Columns' for any of the logs.

Is there any way that we can have 'Host' added as an 'Available Column' in one or more of the logs.  If not, is there any way that we can limit the size of a column in a report so that we don't have to have the entire URL in a report but maybe only the first 25, 30, or 50 characters of the URL.

Thanks,

Dan Kordelski

Network Engineer

Hanover Hospital

4 REPLIES 4

L3 Networker

I think the URL reporting is an area that PAN really needs to work on if I'm honest and I'm not asking for really complicated things. As mentioned above, the User Activity Report is far too long - why can't we customise what's in the report or calm it down a bit. If I give that to someone in HR who's doing an employee investigation, I just get blank looks as I've essentially bombarded them with a book of URLs!

Also, so often heads of department want to know how their department is using the Internet as as soon as I produce info on what a user is doing, the first question, understandably is, how does this compare to colleagues. Group based reporting should be much easier! Come on PAN - please work on this! Smiley Happy

I would definitely second this.

I'm getting it in the neck from senior management because of the lack of proper or poor monthly web usage reporting.

We can't even answer the simple questions like "which web sites are users going too?" and "what's the top web sites visited in the last month?"

Come on Palo get your finger out PLEASE!!

L2 Linker

Did this ever go anywhere?  The reporting is still not very useful.

We gave up waiting for Palo to sort out the reporting and moved to Zscaler (www.zscaler.com) for all our web traffic analysis and reporting. We also get the added benifit of having all our roaming devices protected as well without having to back haul them through the Palo firewalls.

• 4 replies
  • 2 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!