cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Firewall unstable

L3 Networker

Hi Everyone!

I have this weird scenario always happening. One time my firewall suddenly cannot access go outbound the net using data interfaces and then I checked my config 5x but all are good. So I rebooted the firewall just to see if it was a bug.  And it worked! So I left it running for a couple of days and then the same scenario happened again. Same workaround fixed it, rebooting the firewall.

I am running PANOS 9.1.13 on PA-220. I cannot see any relevant known issues nor KBs referring to this type of mystery.

May I ask your advise if I should upgrade my PANOS? And where can I see the logs for this type of issue? I need to submit a strong reason why we need to upgrade the firmware.

Regards,

Renz

1 REPLY 1

Community Team Member

Hi @renzanjo11 ,

Sounds like you might be running into a memory leak issue. 

At the time of the issue, please check the processes on the firewall and check for specific PID that might be the cause of the issue (show system resources follow). 

Instead of rebooting the firewall completely you might workaround the issue by restarting the specific PID.

That said, at the moment of me writing this, the recommended PAN-OS version in 9.1.x is PAN-OS 9.1.16.  So it's possible that the issue may be resolved by simply upgrading the FW to the recommended release.

Hope this helps,

-Kim.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!