Get FQDN table using XML-API?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Get FQDN table using XML-API?

L1 Bithead

Does anyone know if it's possible to get the current FQDN table (CLI> request system fqdn show) using the XML-API?  We recently had an issue where a bad FQDN mapping was retrieved and I want to set up monitoring to catch it if it happens again.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L6 Presenter

/api/?type=op&cmd=<request><system><fqdn><show></show></fqdn></system></request>

You can use that.Don't forget to add key into this.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L6 Presenter

/api/?type=op&cmd=<request><system><fqdn><show></show></fqdn></system></request>

You can use that.Don't forget to add key into this.

L5 Sessionator

Hi

To know if it's possible, the good method is to connect on your palo with at the end /api. THen you will see all command which can be called by API.

And it seem for you it is with something like: /api/?type=op&cmd=<request><system><fqdn><show></show></fqdn></system></request>

don't forget authentication.

V.

take to many time to type my answer 🙂

upwards is the first Smiley Happy

L1 Bithead

I got it to work, but only with the "admin" user.  My "readonly" user (role "Superuser (read-only), Administer/View: (Everything)) gets access denied.  Is there any way to grant access to my readonly user?  ...I'd rather not use the admin user's key if possible.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!