Global Protect Portal Policy - Application Default breaks access

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Global Protect Portal Policy - Application Default breaks access

L4 Transporter

Hello,

I have a Global Protect Portal setup which works properly with a policy set for the App-IDs of "SSL", "Web-Browsing" and "PANOS-Global-Protect" and "any" Service.  If I set service to "Application-default" - the portal login page no longer displays.  The logs then show that SSL (443) was "Allowed" and Web-Browsing (443) is "Deny".

Is there a particular reason that using the "application-default" with the APP-ID access policy for Global Protect, would not work?  Thanks!

Cheers,

Mike

2 REPLIES 2

L5 Sessionator

It might be because you have decryption enabled and since the default port for web-browsing is not 443, its getting blocked. You have disable decryption for your portal page or allow web browsing on 443

Hello,

No decryption enabled at this time.  That does make sense about the 443 not working within "web-browsing".  I had assumed the APP-ID for the Global-Protect would contain the ports/signatures to allow Application Default to function. I will lock it down by specific ports for the apps.

Mike

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!