GP Data file: You do not have a global protect license

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GP Data file: You do not have a global protect license

L1 Bithead

Hello

we are trying to implement HIP checks for our users but we seem to be getting many clients not reporting AV installed

we have the same clients in the same locations and other gateways all reporting correctly

we have checked the non-compliant desktops directly and we can see the AV is there but not being detected in the host information

I was wondering is this was something to do with the data file versions between gateways - but what I am finding is even though I have set a schedule the files never seem to download

I run the following: less mp-log avdata.log

and the output which stands out is: <result>You do not have a global protect license</result>

but all my firewalls are licences for portal and gateway and all running panOS 8.1.4

any suggestions?

is there a way I can tell the difference somewhere?

2 REPLIES 2

Community Team Member

Hi @Jake.Ryan ,

Yes, the datafile difference is likely to be the issue here.

The datafile contains the OPSWAT file that lists the vendors and vendor versions to be used in the HIP object configuration.

A different/older datafile might not contain the vendor info or updated information version.

I'd doublecheck the licenses and get those datafiles updated.

Cheers,

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

Hello

thank you for the reply, I have not found a resolution for the data file but I did fix my underlying issue with our anti-virus being detected

turns out it was deployed as part of a wrap around package deployment which renamed the was the AV was installed causing GP not to detects the vendor information - so I have this bit resolved which is the main thing for now

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!