Hip profile cannot check process

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Community Expert Verified
Community Expert Verified

Hip profile cannot check process

L3 Networker

Hello all,

Hope you are doing well!

Currently, we are checking the process through Hip profile setting.

However, some PCs are facing an issue where the Process Check information list is not displayed.

I checked the HIP Object settings and found that they are using the same settings and that the same program is running on the PC.

In addition, I tried GP Reconnection and HIP Resubmit.

For your information, we are using GP 5.1.7 version and PAN-OS 9.1.14. 

Does anyone know or have experience with this issue resolution?

Best regards,

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@JoHyeonJae,

5.1.7 is fairly dated and was released in 2020. I would upgrade your agent to at least 5.1.11 if not a newer major release just so that you're on a current agent version. Past that, I would verify that the client side of things is actually displaying the host information you want by reviewing the PanGPA.log file. I'd start with upgrading one of the affected endpoints to at least 5.1.11 and seeing if the issue is still present however.

@BPry
Hope you are doing well.

I have tried to upgrade GP-OS, but the upgrade has not been applied since the message is displayed as shown below.

I set the settings for Allow User to Upgrade GP APP by setting Allow with Prompt, Allow Manually, and Allow Transparent. 

But they all don't work.

Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 5.03.41 PM.png

@BPry 

Hope you are doing well.

We recently upgraded GP from 5.1.7 to 6.1.0. However, some PCs still cannot check the process check list, and there has been an issue where VDI cannot be accessed since the upgrade.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!