I can't find this "BOT: TDSS.C Trojan Traffic Detected" in our threat db

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

I can't find this "BOT: TDSS.C Trojan Traffic Detected" in our threat db

L4 Transporter

Hi all,

We found this threat"BOT: TDSS.C Trojan Traffic Detected" on 3rd party's IPS(McAfee) deivce,but i can't find this event on Paloalto Threat DB.

Have anyone ever face same problem? Or have other solution can protect this attack ?

Regards,

Jim

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

Hi Jim,

We do have protection against the TDSS trojan but there are always chances that our threat database would be missing some information.

If you go to the url : https://threatvault.paloaltonetworks.com/   and search wit the keyword "tdss.c" you will find the list of threats:

Sample screen shot below:-

tdss.PNG

If you do not find this under threat, I would highly recommend to open a support ticket with all the possible information requested in the following DOC as applicable. Client pcap and the related traffic log would be the best in this case.

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/docs/DOC-2769

Regards

Parth

Hi Parth,

Thanks your fast reply,but paloalto seems can't find this event .

I will try to do a packet capture and open case.

Regards,

Jim

Can you please provide a link through which you can generate this threat, so that I can test this on my side.

Thanks,

Sandeep T

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!