IKE Gateway OK button is greyed out?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

IKE Gateway OK button is greyed out?

L0 Member

I'm trying to add an IKE Gateway on a PA-500 running 7.1.5.

After clicking the ADD button and filling out all the info on General and Advanced Options tab, the OK button is greyed out.

I have a few IKE Gateways set up already and they are working fine. If I click any of them, I am able to edit them and click OK.

I'm totally confused, and hoping someone here has experienced this before or can offer some help. 

Is there a limit to the number of IKE Gateways that can be configured?

Is there another setting somewhere else that would prevent me from adding one now?

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks Myky and Peter, but I have double, triple, and quadruple checked that I have not left out any fields.

I set one up before the weekend and it worked fine, but now trying to add another I keep hitting this dead end.

I'm wondering if... Oh no. I just tested something and figured it out.  

The name of the IKE Gateway can't have any spaces.  As soon as I removed them the OK button became available.

That bit of info isn't included in the instructions:

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/documentation/60/pan-os/pan-os/vpns/set-up-an-ike-gateway

Thanks for the support M and P!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L6 Presenter

Hi,

PA-500 limited for 250 IPSec VPN tunnels/tunnel interfaces, not IKE Gateways:

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/products/secure-the-network/next-generation-firewall/pa-500

Make sure you filled all required fields.

Thx,

Myky

L2 Linker

Just double check all the settings you are trying to input, you might have forgotten a box.

- Peter

Thanks Myky and Peter, but I have double, triple, and quadruple checked that I have not left out any fields.

I set one up before the weekend and it worked fine, but now trying to add another I keep hitting this dead end.

I'm wondering if... Oh no. I just tested something and figured it out.  

The name of the IKE Gateway can't have any spaces.  As soon as I removed them the OK button became available.

That bit of info isn't included in the instructions:

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/documentation/60/pan-os/pan-os/vpns/set-up-an-ike-gateway

Thanks for the support M and P!

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!