IPSEC aggressive exhange mode and enable passive mode

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

IPSEC aggressive exhange mode and enable passive mode

L4 Transporter

I woulld like to understand the advanced IPSEC gateway configuration.

between to ike gateway on  with a static ip address and the other with a dynamic ip allocated.

to established the phase 1, i need to set the aggressive mode on both firewall or only on the one with dynamic ip allocated?

and  when I need to activate the enable passive mode?

thank's   

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L4 Transporter

1) the mode (main or aggressive) should be the same on both firewalls. so in case of dynamic ip -> set both to aggressive

2) passive mode -> this means that the PA will not initiate a VPN (but will listen to on being initiated to him).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

L4 Transporter

1) the mode (main or aggressive) should be the same on both firewalls. so in case of dynamic ip -> set both to aggressive

2) passive mode -> this means that the PA will not initiate a VPN (but will listen to on being initiated to him).

passive mode

- You don't need to enable this for VPN with dynamic IPS.

- This is handy for troubleshooting VPNs, since only the receiving side has advanced logs which can indicate the problem (the initiator will mostly only see "timeout"). So if you enable this you will always be the receiving side and thus have more logging...

thank's for this

I have a IKEv2 site to site IPSEC VPN and I am trying to enable aggressive mode.  I can't find the option for aggressive mode anywhere?

The Mode selection is available for IKEv1. Your IKE Gateway would need to be configured for IKEv2 Preferred or IKEv1 Only to see this option under the Advanced Tab

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!