IPv6 over PPPoE

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

IPv6 over PPPoE

L1 Bithead

(apologies if this has been answered before, I'm new to this community but I didn't find any answers to this.)

So basically my question is if it's possible to get IPv6 to work with PPPoE?

I just installed PA200 in my home, and before the PA200 I had two PPPoE connections, one for IPv4 and one for IPv6 (different service-providers, since my main one doesn't support IPv6.)

With a bit of rewiring I can work past the limitations of having only one PPPoE per physical interface (Technical Details Regarding PPPoE Support) and connecting two physical interfaces.

The PPPoE is only configured within the IPv4 tab, and after it has been configured, the IPv6 tab disappears.

The only simular thread I found about this subject is this one, unanswered: IPv6 6rd support?.

And the IPv6 Feature Support Matrix doesn't even mention PPPoE....

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L7 Applicator

Hello Natti.

As per my understanding, This feature is still not available with PAN-OS software. If this could be something that will be useful in your environment, you can ask to your Palo Alto Sale Engineer ( SE) and raise a feature Request for the same. The SE will log the feature request with Product Management on your's behalf and act as an advocate.

FYI..

This feature is still not available, that is why if you enable PPPoE, IPv6 tab will be no more available.

PPPoE.JPG.jpg

Hope this helps.

Thanks

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

L7 Applicator

Hello Natti.

As per my understanding, This feature is still not available with PAN-OS software. If this could be something that will be useful in your environment, you can ask to your Palo Alto Sale Engineer ( SE) and raise a feature Request for the same. The SE will log the feature request with Product Management on your's behalf and act as an advocate.

FYI..

This feature is still not available, that is why if you enable PPPoE, IPv6 tab will be no more available.

PPPoE.JPG.jpg

Hope this helps.

Thanks

@HULK wrote:

Hello Natti.

FYI..

PPPoE.JPG.jpg

Hope this helps.

Thanks

This isn't exactly a solution its a not currently possible, would be better if IPv6 existed as a feautre for PPPoE, I dont really understand why it doesn't given other brands have done this for years, It should also be added to the IPv6 compatibilty chart so people know about it.

L5 Sessionator

Hi Natti,

I have nothing useful to say - just welcome, and a tip of the hat for an extended effort to use IPv6 at home 🙂

Best regards,

Luciano

More than 5 years later ... and it seems this is still not supported.

Looks like I now need to find a 'secure' device to act as the bridge for the PAN hardware. 

L1 Bithead

June 2022 and IPv6 still not available for PPoE.
Looks like this feature request still does not have enough votes for Palo Alto to provide it in a new PAN-OS release.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @GlyphVentures @fabeele 

just to let you know the PPPoE IPv6 client is now supported in PAN-OS 11.1 released in this month: PPPoE Client for IPv6.

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

Tested and working great on PAN-OS 11.1.1. I've been waiting to test this for a long time...

• 1 accepted solution
  • 7 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!