mapping issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

mapping issue

facebook palo alto issue.jpg

Good Day to everyone.

I have this issue almost every day. It doesn't happen with all users at one time.

After restart, everything is working as it should work.

I have probe enabled(20 minutes) and Enable User Identification Timeout(720 minutes).

What can  be an issue?

18 REPLIES 18

you can use multiple UIA instances and devide the network ranges (include/exclude lists) so that each agent has a smaller range to probe.  Besides that you have the options to use captive-portal (with ntlm auth) or much better use global-protect with internal gateways.

you could enable user-id debug logs to find more informations why a mapping was lost, timeout, probing, etc. 

debug user-id...

you can check the logs via "less mp-log useridd.log" 

You should find serveral articels in this kb regarding user-id debug, for example:

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClR1CAK

Regarding your exchange accounts: you should give your own user access rights to the mail-boxes of the people you mentioned. No need to login with the account of the user that left - could also be a legal issue if you "impersonate" that user.

Thank you for your help, Alex. Much appreciated.

As I understand, captive-portal and global protect is used in layer 3 combination. But we use right now virtual wire and the change of design to layer 3 is our next year plan.

You mean, multiple UIA instances on one AD? Multiple Users with same privileges or what?

I'll use debug when this problem will happen again, but it doesn't happens often. So I'm waiting.

Their accounts are locked, only mail is working and it's attached to my mail.

you can use CP and GP in vwire - but indeed this needs some more further configuration steps - to much to handle it in his issue.

But you can find a lot of useful documents in the PaloAlto Knowledgebase, e.g. this one for CP: https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClJYCA0

Regarding GP and internal gateways there are several articles around here and you can also find the info in the admin guide.

Regarding UIA instances: you can install the User-ID Agent on Windows servers in your environment, please take a look at documentation. At the moment its seems you only use the agent on the firewall itself.

Thank you for your replies and links!

I'll download and install agent on windows AD and test it.

Yes, right now I have only agent only on firewall.

• 18 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!