Migrating old FW Config to new device

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Migrating old FW Config to new device

L0 Member

I have 2 PA-500's and have been planning to purchase a new device.  Perect timing with the new PA-800's, fits my needs and then some.  Is it possible to migrate my current configurations from the 500 to the 850?

Network-ethernet-Radius-Users wtc as well as the policies and rules.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L6 Presenter

Hi,

Don't think you will get any issues. You migrating to the new box. Not sure in you need to tweak the config manually but l would just try export from the old box end import to the new one an .xml file.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L6 Presenter

Hi,

Don't think you will get any issues. You migrating to the new box. Not sure in you need to tweak the config manually but l would just try export from the old box end import to the new one an .xml file.

You should be able to just move the .xml and everything will function perfectly fine. 

It should just be an "export" from the current PA-500 and "import" on the PA-800 you're going to buy.

That being said as a migration strategy it might be worth upgrading the 500 to the code version you're going to be running on the 800 series so that way you're only migrating platforms and not changing code base as well.  

You might run into unforseen policy issues or bugs which could impact the overall migration.

Just a thought...

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!