No logs in the monitor > traffic tab?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

No logs in the monitor > traffic tab?

L0 Member

Hello All,

1.) I have just installed Palo Alto 7.1 in Eve-NG, and  made two interfaces as Vwire with zone Trust and Untrust.

2.) I am able to access access everthing (e.g. internet, ping, etc.) hence policies are working fine  as I have created a policy to allow everything from Trust to Untrust.

However I am not able to see any Traffic logs in the GUI it is blank.

Kindly see the below screenshot for your reference and let me know what's the reason please.

no logs.png

Thanks in advance.

22 REPLIES 22

"When the time is manually changed back, it creates the mismatch between the GUI time stamp and the logs" 

This indeed was the problem. Timing issue. Solved now. Thank you very much

how did you solve it ? i have the same issue

How could you not share the fix when you see multiple people have this issue. common man

In my memory, the traffic have not update, you need to erase all traffic log to solve the problem.

I need to Clear All Log from PA-220 to solve the problem in my case.

LOGIN TO PA > Device > Log Setting > Manage Logs > Clear Log Traffic, Threat/URL/DATA Log

Hi,ArendvanderKolk:

Have you solve this issue? I encounter the same issue and wondering if you have resolution for this. Thanks!

BR

Ricky

@riwang  Did you ever see the traffic logs? OR Traffic logs stopped showing up in GUI?

Run this command from CLI

show log traffic direction equal backward

If you see logs on the CLI then it is GUI issue.

Also Run this command to see if Traffic Log counter is incrementing or not?

debug log-receiver statistics

Logging statistics
------------------------------ -----------
Log written rate: 13/sec
Corrupted packets: 0
Corrupted URL packets: 0
Corrupted HTTP HDR packets: 0
Corrupted HTTP HDR Insert packets: 0
Corrupted EMAIL HDR packets: 0
Logs discarded (queue full): 0
Traffic logs written: 162985
GTP logs written: 0

Regards

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

• 22 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!