OSPF adjacency not forming when we create sub interfaces on Palo Alto

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

OSPF adjacency not forming when we create sub interfaces on Palo Alto

Not applicable

Hi my OSPF adjacency is not working when i enable with a sub interface but works with physical interface.

Same is the case with QOS . Any help ?

Attached screenshots for your reference

7 REPLIES 7

L5 Sessionator

Are the sub-interfaces untagged ? OSPF on un-tagged sub-interfaces  is not supported.

QOS can be applied on only physical egress interfaces.

-Ameya

Hi ,

Yes the Sub interfaces are tagged in OSPF. Also we applied QOS on Physical interface. Its just that we created a wan interface for the internet traffic to move out.

In nut shell its something like this

eth1/2 - internal link flooding DHCP to end hosts

eth1/1.201 - external link going to internet

eth1/6.601 - configured with OSPF with a different router.

If I am not wrong QOS to be applied on egress links which is eth1/1 which is not working

eth1/6.601 routes are not visible.

Thanks

Hello,

One possible reason why OSPF adjacency cannot be completed is MTU.

Check it on both devices...

Regards,

HA

What I mean by MTU is MTU mismatch between OSPF  neighbor.

We already did that. But no luck. How about QOS?

MTU are the same on both devices.

It works with the physical interface and not with the tagged sub-interface. Is the neighbor expecting the tag to be on the incoming hello packets?

The neighbour is an untagged physical interface. We tried creating sub interface with the same tag at the other end as well. Still no luck.

How about QOS. Any idea why its showing that error?

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!