OSPF Redistribution export tag

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

OSPF Redistribution export tag

Not applicable

I have several connect and static routes I'm trying to redistribute into OSPF.  I've set up a redistribution profile and I'm trying to add it to the OSPF export rules.  I've selected the profile, set type as ext-1, but no matter what 32-bit value I enter into "New Tag", I get this error during commit:

"routed: invalid address 1024 for new-tag"

As I understand it, this is an arbitrary value assigned to allow other protocols and routers to make educated decisions about what routes to filter on import.  I'm guessing I didn't get my arbitrary number wrong, so is this a parsing bug?

I'm running 3.1.8 on a PA-2020.

3 REPLIES 3

L4 Transporter

The value is looking for an ip-address entry. A integer tag should work, but in the current release it is expecting an ip address.

There is currently an open bug already which will change the tag value to accept hybrid entries of integer or ip-address.

Dominic

I'm also having this same issue though I'm on the 4.0.5 release. I'm unsure as to what IP address would be most suitable to put into this field in order to satisfy the requirements?

Anyone any ideas?!

I was told by support to leave it blank for now.  It is optional, though for some reason, that didn't occur to me during my initial setup.

Here's hoping that bug gets fixed soon.

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!