pa-410 lost monitor log function and ACC function

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

pa-410 lost monitor log function and ACC function

L0 Member

I have a PA410. After upgrading the software recently, I found that the original monitoring log has reduced a lot of functions, and even the ACC function has been lost.

I checked the website information and found that this function was cancelled after 10.1.2.

These are the ones I use the most and I can't even find any replacements or anything about the settings?

I emailed paloalto support with no response at all and I am very disappointed.

I desperately need a complete solution.

2 REPLIES 2

Community Team Member

Hi @Sailor_Chen ,

This is expected behaviour.  For PAN-OS 10.1.2 and later the PA-410 does not write session logs locally.

As a result, the PAN-OS Web Interface does not display any logs in the Monitor tab.

Source:

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/pan-os/10-1/pan-os-release-notes/limitations/limitations-in-pan-os...

Related discussion:

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/general-topics/pa-410-tabs-not-displaying-in-monitor-tab/td-p/4...

You'll need Panorama or Cortex Data Lake for logs if you stick with the PA-410.  Customers might chose the PA-440 instead if the logging poses an issue.

Cheers,

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

Hi @kiwi 

thanks for your reply

This is unacceptable.

Before I bought the PA-410, no one told me about this problem at all.
And no one told me that I need to pay a huge extra to buy Panorama or Cortex Data Lake for this basic Log function.

And I can't even find any alternatives.

Now, I am completely unable to use the PA-410 in my company.

This time I have a very bad feeling about purchasing and looking for support.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!