PA-440 missing from Expedition device models

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PA-440 missing from Expedition device models

L2 Linker

I am using Expedition v. 1.2.4.2.  Trying to add a PA-440, but this model is not available from the list.

Does that mean I cannot use Expedition for my migration?

Eddie Reyes, PCNSA
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hi @EddieReyes ,

Great question!  In Expedition under Devices > +, I don't see a pa400 option.  You can send an email to fwmigrate@paloaltonetworks.com, and you will receive guidance relatively quick.  Would you mind posting what they say?  I am curious what difference it makes.

Thanks,

Tom

PS @SCantwell_IM is also correct that you do not need to push the config via the API connected to the device from Expedition.  You can export the XML from Expedition, and import it into the PA-440.

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hi there

In its most simplest of function, you can import any PANOS xml file, as the base config, and then perform your migration. 
After migration, you should be able to export your config from Expedition, and then import into your PA4xx series.

Perhaps you have a different idea of what your question was about?  Let me know.

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hi @EddieReyes ,

Great question!  In Expedition under Devices > +, I don't see a pa400 option.  You can send an email to fwmigrate@paloaltonetworks.com, and you will receive guidance relatively quick.  Would you mind posting what they say?  I am curious what difference it makes.

Thanks,

Tom

PS @SCantwell_IM is also correct that you do not need to push the config via the API connected to the device from Expedition.  You can export the XML from Expedition, and import it into the PA-440.

Tom:

They asked me to update Expedition to the latest update.  Now i am on version 1.2.11 and the PA-400 series is available under devices.  Thank you for suggesting I email fwmigrate@paloaltonetworks.com

They were quick to respond and point me in the right direction.

Eddie

Eddie Reyes, PCNSA

Steve:

I appreciate your suggestions.  This is my first upgrade using Expedition and I am using these videos https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD6FJ8WNiIqVez8EBeoyRsnQcKTA5FuZ- as a guide.  Any suggestions or caveats you can share from experience will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Eddie

Eddie Reyes, PCNSA

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hi @EddieReyes ,

I believe the latest user guide is here -> https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/expedition-articles/expedition-user-guide-v1-2/ta-p/285157.  If you send me a direct message (mouse over my name > send message), we could setup a video call to walk you through the process if you want.

Thanks,

Tom

Thank you for the offer, Tom.  I really appreciate it.

I am making progress using the guide and the videos.

I may take you up on your offer if I get stuck.

Eddie

Eddie Reyes, PCNSA

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hi @EddieReyes ,

No problem!  There a lots of little pointers I could give.  My best one is this -> load the Day 1 Configuration on your new firewall and use that as your base configuration in Expedition.  Then you have a lot of best practices configured.

Thanks,

Tom

• 1 accepted solution
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!