PAN-DB categorizing wrong

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Palo Alto Networks Approved
Community Expert Verified
Community Expert Verified

PAN-DB categorizing wrong

L4 Transporter

Hi,

We are expecting problems with PAN-DB. Our firewall in URL-Filtering is categorizing www.lavanguardia.com like category malware instead of NEWS.

Why is this happening??? how can i recategorize a web in PanDB????any troubleshooting with pandb in the firewall????

Atnoher question, we in my license i can see download for panDB???? should i donwload PanDB here in order to update the PanDB for url-filtering....so this is a different thing...

pandb.jpg

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi..

Its may be help you

PAN-DB CLI Commands

thnx

satish

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Not applicable

Hi COS,

I confirmed that the site "www.lavanguardia.com" is categorized as Malware.

Please refer the below link on how to submit for categorization change:

How to Submit a Mis-Categorized URL for PAN-DB

When using PAN-DB, the database is synchronized automatically. However, if you would like to manually download, you need to click on 're-download' option under licenses.

Regards,

Ramya

Yes i have asked for the change of category in PAN-DB. thanks....

How often PA download the PAN-DB??? how PA rewust the PAN-DB category. PA has a db in local or PA does a request in the PAN-DB cloud???

There is no frequency as such for download. PAN-DB seed file is already existing on the firewall. Hence, whenever a URL category is requested, it will look into the local database.

In cases where the category is unknown, the request is sent to the cloud and the information is pushed from PAN-DB cloud to the firewall.

You can manually download the database file at regular intervals to have it updated.

Below link might be helpful:

http://researchcenter.paloaltonetworks.com/2014/10/web-security-tips-pan-db-works/

Regards,

Ramya

Palo alto told me this...My PANOS is 6.0.5. How can i know my PAN-DB version??? how could force it to download the new version in order to know the new category???????

Thank you again for your submission.

The new categorization is available starting with URL DB version: 2015.03.26.417
  Note: Page level categorization is a feature of PAN-OS 6.1 as such categorization may be different in PAN-OS 6.0 and earlier.

Hi COS,

I think you are talking about below thing : you can chack the PAN-DB, using below command in cli Admin@PA-3020> show system info

for your url categorize find below document:-

How to Submit a Miscategorized URL in BrightCloud

How to Submit a Mis-Categorized URL for PAN-DB

pls dont forget mark helpful or correct.

Thanks

Satish

Hi..

Its may be help you

PAN-DB CLI Commands

thnx

satish

• 1 accepted solution
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!