PDF Summary Report (Missing Custom Reports/Widgets)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

PDF Summary Report (Missing Custom Reports/Widgets)

L2 Linker

It has been a few versions since I played with PDF summary reports however, I am currently running version 5.0.5 and in the GUI if I go and create a PDF summary report there is no 6th drop down for custom reports as I remember and as shown in the help window.

I guess these are classed as custom widgets.  I have made the assumption this is an "oversight" of the developers so have tried to configure in the CLI with set pdf-summary-report TestSum custom-widget Test where TestSum is my pdf summary report name and Test is my custom report name but I get the output "Server error : custom-widget -> Test 'Test' is not a valid reference"

So my two questions are,

1.     Is there a bug for the lack of custom report drop down in the GUI

2     What am I doing wrong with my syntax in the CLI for adding the custom report to the PDF summary report.

As ever any input is greatly appreciated

5 REPLIES 5

L5 Sessionator

Good Morning,

We get the drop down box, only after creating a custom report. So I first created a custom report Test on the GUI ( Moniotr-->Manage Custom report ). Then when I click on the Manage PDF summary tab and click on add, I get the 6th column. Bear in mind that only 18 widgets are supported at a time, and hence you will have to delete a couple of predefined items, before you can add the custom pdf report.

custom report.JPG

Hope that helps!

BR,

Karthik

L5 Sessionator

On similar lines,

You have to create a custom report on the cli, using the command:

admin@41-PA-4020(active)# set reports Test type traffic

+ group-by       group-by

+ sortby         sortby

> aggregate-by   aggregate-by

> labels         labels

> values         values

<Enter>        Finish input

admin@41-PA-4020(active)# set reports Test type traffic

Only after the above step will you be able to add "Test" under the pdf-summary-report, as shown below:

admin@41-PA-4020(active)# set pdf-summary-report TestSum custom-widget

Test    custom-reports Test

<name>  <name>

admin@41-PA-4020(active)# set pdf-summary-report TestSum custom-widget Test

[edit]

admin@41-PA-4020(active)#

admin@41-PA-4020(active)# run show config diff

@@ -1676,6 +1676,20 @@

}

}

}

+          reports {

+            Test {

+              type {

+                traffic;

+              }

+            }

+          }

+          pdf-summary-report {

+            TestSum {

+              custom-widget {

+                Test;

+              }

+            }

+          }

}

}

}

Karthik,

I also thought this may be the case so created a custom report but was still not able to see the tab.  Maybe it is the report type I am creating which is wrong.  What report did you create (database, parameters etc)?

Thanks

Chris

I created a custom report for traffic logs

custom-report-2.JPG

BR,

Karthik

i'm also dealing with some issues with the PDF summary. i created a custom report, and do have the "custom report" widget in the dropdown, but when i run it, my custom report is ignored. i even tried removing all of the other widgets, leaving only my custom - but still nothing!

what i am trying to acomplish is a summary report, but with a bigger time span, not just one day!

this is really horrible

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!