Problems with installing Expedition: /usr/bin/dkpg returned an error code 1

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Problems with installing Expedition: /usr/bin/dkpg returned an error code 1

L2 Linker

Hi,

I am currently trying to install Expedition with the PAN Install guide and using Ubuntu 16.04.7 LTS.

So I installed Ubuntu, made sure it has internet connection and then followed the installation guide until the installation of Expedition itself. (./initSetup.sh).

During the Installation I got asked to provide a password for the MariaDB root User. If I try to set a password there, it gets shown in plaintext and I can't confirm, so I guess that part is broken.

I skipped that with CTRL-C and the installation continued.

After the process it shows that there is a problem with mysql-server-5.7

---------------------------

dpkg: error processing package mysql-server (--configure): dependency problems - leaving unconfigured No apport report written because the error message indicates its a followup error from a previous failure. Errors were encountered while processing: mysql-server-5.7 mysql-server E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

---------------------------

I tried to remove and reinstall MySQL several times but with no luck.

systemctl status mysql.service shows <hostname> system[1]: stopped MySQL community Server.

Start or restart won't work.

I tried to follow up a few live community thread regarding this problem and tried to delete sudo rm /var/lib/mysql/tc.log

but I got the message that /var/lib/mysql/tc.log can't be removed as the file/ directory does not exist.

Maybe someone had the same problem and can help me out?

Best regards,

Marc

3 REPLIES 3

L3 Networker

After you installed mysql/mariadb did you run mysql_secure_installation ?

Just another I.T. Guy

Hi Vincent,

sorry for the delay.

I tried mysql_secure_Installation but with no luck.

I tried (re-)installing mysql-server, tried several ubuntu versions and a lot of different solutions but at the end there are only error messages that lead to other error messages regarding mysql 5.6 or 5.7.

This is consuming way too much time.

I think I will just accept the fact that I can't get expedition installed.

But anyway, thank you for your answer!!

Best regards,

Marc

@Marc.Luecke wrote:

Hi MyGroundBiz Account

sorry for the delay.

I tried mysql_secure_Installation but with no luck.

I tried (re-)installing mysql-server, tried several ubuntu versions and a lot of different solutions but at the end there are only error messages that lead to other error messages regarding mysql 5.6 or 5.7.

This is consuming way too much time.

I think I will just accept the fact that I can't get expedition installed.

But anyway, thank you for your answer!!

Best regards,

Marc

Your article is so useful for us,thanks for sharing. Good stuff!

• 3 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!