Script or custom report ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Script or custom report ?

L0 Member

Hi All

I’m new in the world of Palo Alto, the guy in charge of this just left our company so I’m doing his task until someone else arrive

One thing he had to do for audit purpose was to do a report for each palo Alto  with

Device state

HA Status

Software Version

Apps and Threat version

Antivirus version

URL Filtering version

WildFire

So he was getting the information from panorama and was writing this on the report, I can’t believe there is no automatic ways to do this ,with a custom report or with cli

I found this command show system info  and combined with match url-filtering-version  I can get some information

But I don’t know how to add all the command I need on a script and get this to run every day or even if this possible

Thank you for your help

2 REPLIES 2

L1 Bithead

Hi Herta57580, 

We're trying to automate a lot of the task as you. 

Please take a look at these labs:  http://api-lab.paloaltonetworks.com/pan-python.html

Just started using the python scripts and REST API, but seems promising to create scripts for the daily checks. 

Will keep you posted or if anyone can chime in -- it's greatly appreciated. 

Thanks.

Hi c.huang

thank you for you answer i will have a look at this.

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!