show url-cloud status - nothing returned

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

show url-cloud status - nothing returned

L1 Bithead

I am trying to get a basic url filtering profile setup.

I have cloned the existing default listing

I have applied the clone to my outbound policy

Nothing is being blocked, I can get everywhere!

My troubleshooting has then led me to the 'show url-cloud status' CLI command but this returns nothing, it simply appears to timeout after 20-30 seconds with no output.

My guess is something has fallen over but not sure what my options are other than restarting the device.  Anything I can do without losing connectivity?

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L1 Bithead

This was resolved by TAC in the end.

Some information if anyone else comes by this way in the future.

url-filtering not working on new profile, show url-cloud status giving blank output.

TAC had me run:

request content upgrade check

The output was showing the correct release date was installed.  It didn't however match the date when running

show system info

Restarted management-server didn't fix it, final solution:

debug software restart process device-server

This restarts communication between data and management plane, some bits of note during this process the following will not work:

-Config push to dataplane

-URL filtering request response

-Dataplane port status changes

-Other misc. communication with dataplane

After the restart url-filtering works again and 'show url-cloud status' is responding as it should.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Community Team Member

Hi @WilliamD ,

What's the OS version you're running ? I've seen older PAN-OS versions running into bug PAN-166978 with this behavior.

Have you checked if the logs return something ? You can check URL cloud connection attempts in the system.log

You could also try restarting the mgmt-server.

Hope this helps,

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

L1 Bithead

This was resolved by TAC in the end.

Some information if anyone else comes by this way in the future.

url-filtering not working on new profile, show url-cloud status giving blank output.

TAC had me run:

request content upgrade check

The output was showing the correct release date was installed.  It didn't however match the date when running

show system info

Restarted management-server didn't fix it, final solution:

debug software restart process device-server

This restarts communication between data and management plane, some bits of note during this process the following will not work:

-Config push to dataplane

-URL filtering request response

-Dataplane port status changes

-Other misc. communication with dataplane

After the restart url-filtering works again and 'show url-cloud status' is responding as it should.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!