Some AD users resolving / Some AD users not

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Some AD users resolving / Some AD users not

Not applicable

Im not seeing all my AD users in the PA-2020.  Ive installed the agent - all connected and seems to be fine with no errors but I seem to be missing about 30 of my AD users.  Its a single flat AD.  Ive added all the domain controllers / the agent runs with rights to read the lgs... 

V3.15

V3.1.1 Agent

Where do I start to look?

3 REPLIES 3

Not applicable

-) Is the agent service started?

-) Check the logs on the agent host for errors

-) Do a "check/display" users within the agent interface to see all the user's that the agent has identified

-) Make sure you're filtering the appropriate AD groups if needed

-) Check the logs on your PA unit and make sure that it is "connected" to the agent

-) How long has the agent been running?  From my own experience, it does take some time for it to parse the DC logs and scan for logged in users.

-) How many DC's are in your network?  Do you have all the DC's coded by IP in the agent config to be scanned?

Tariq

L3 Networker

Pan Agent relies upon Windows Logon events in the Security Event log on the Domain Controller(s). Have you verified that these missing users are showing up in the DC Security Event log?

Have you enabled a higher level of logging in the Pan Agent? (File menu -> Debug -> Verbose)

If these users are creating logon events in the DC Security Event log are you seeing any errors in the Pan Agent log file?

It was a complex mix of AD versions - loaded another agent and all is working!

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!