Suggestion for support

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Suggestion for support

L4 Transporter

Hi

I notice a lot of my other venders allow for uploads direct from their device.  Can palo alto do that. if I go to the support page for the device there should be an option to upload direct from the device with a case number or something like that. save me having to download - usually over slower comms and then re upload 

Simple thing, make my life simplier 

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L3 Networker

Hi Alex,

Do you mean for the Tech Support File?

You can use scp to upload it to TAC Upload. It doesn't go directly to the support case, but it goes into the support case files on the backend system.

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClRlCAK

scp export tech-support to xxxxxxxx@tacupload.paloaltonetworks.com:./

xxxxxxxx will be the case number, including leading zeros. Example: 00654321@tacupload.paloaltonetworks.com:./
When prompted, the password will be the email address under which the case was opened.

Note: this uploads the last generated TSF, and doesn't generate a new one itself. You can generate a new one from the GUI as usual or via the CLI "request tech-support dump"  and then monitor the job with "show jobs all".

Regards,

- DM

Sr. Technical Support Engineer, Strata

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Alex_Samad,

This would have to go in as a Feature Request (if one doesn't already exist), but I agree that this feature is handy on other devices. 

Community Team Member

Hi @Alex_Samad ,

As @BPry mentioned this is a FR.  There is already an existing request for this.  Please reach out to your local sales person and have your vote added to the feature request: FR ID: 1931 - The ability to upload a tech support file to a case directly from the WebUI.

Best,

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

L3 Networker

Hi Alex,

Do you mean for the Tech Support File?

You can use scp to upload it to TAC Upload. It doesn't go directly to the support case, but it goes into the support case files on the backend system.

https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClRlCAK

scp export tech-support to xxxxxxxx@tacupload.paloaltonetworks.com:./

xxxxxxxx will be the case number, including leading zeros. Example: 00654321@tacupload.paloaltonetworks.com:./
When prompted, the password will be the email address under which the case was opened.

Note: this uploads the last generated TSF, and doesn't generate a new one itself. You can generate a new one from the GUI as usual or via the CLI "request tech-support dump"  and then monitor the job with "show jobs all".

Regards,

- DM

Can you do that from the command line of the PA ?

Yes this is from the Firewall CLI.

- DM

• 1 accepted solution
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!