traffic flow

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

traffic flow

L4 Transporter

Hi,

I have two zone (trust and trust),

for trust to untrust traffic flow   and untrust to trust , do I need to create two security rules ?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

L6 Presenter

Yes, l would keep the policies separate. More secure and more granular control. But you still can use the below example (not the greatest one :D):

same zone.JPG

From a swcurity perspective there is no difference between one or two rules (assuming that you really want to allow the same from trust to untrust and the other way). Just make sure you use ruletype "interzone".
But actually I would also do it like @TranceforLife and create two seperate rules.

Hi,

The screenshot shows from trust to trust and untrust to untrust ?

My question is it really necessary a reverse policy (from untrust to trust )  since it is a stateful firewall .

Thanks

Short and simple: No, it's not necessary

l think l didn't understand a question properly or the question itself was not clear 😄 

Anyway, it all depends from where you are initiating your traffic. With the stateful firewall return traffic is permitted (stateful firewall as you have mentioned already) 

Hi,

Sorry for the confusion . 

If the traffic is originating from the trust to untrust , we have to create a rule  (rule1)  like source 'trust' and destination 'untrust',

(The return traffic from the same 

If the traffic is originating from the untrust to trust  ,we have to create a rule  (rule2)  like source 'untrust' and destination 'trust',

Correct mf If I am worng ?

Thanks

Correct 😉

• 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!