TS agent SSL error

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

TS agent SSL error

L1 Bithead

Hello, 

I've been trying to add a new TS agent on my firewalls. As there is no redistribution for user-{ip+port} mapping, I want to map the TS agent to 2 FWs. Backend FW is connected correctly, Frontend FW is in error.

I can capture the following between FW and TS agent :

- FW to TS : SYN

- TS to FW : SYN/ACK 

- FW to TS : ACK

- FW to TS : RST

I've got the following error:

show user ts-agent state

not-conn:idle(Error: Failed to Connect to 1.1.1.1(source: 2.2.2.2), SSL error: error:00000000:lib(0):func(0):reason(0)(5) )

Also on TS agent side I've got the following error:

05/04/22 12:33:57[Info 1571]: Client thread 2 with IP 2.2.2.2 is started.
05/04/22 12:33:57[Error 1946]: SSL 2 accept error: 5-10054!
05/04/22 12:33:57[Info 1659]: Connection 2.2.2.2/39560 closed.

The thing is that there is no certificate configured for any user ID agent.

I tried to restart user-id process on the FW with no success.

Does someone have an idea ?

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Thank you for the post @MMerlier

is there any URL Filtering / SSL inspection between Firewall and TS Agent? There might be an issue similar what is described in this KB: https://knowledgebase.paloaltonetworks.com/KCSArticleDetail?id=kA10g000000ClKSCA0

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

Hi Pavel,

We are not using a SSL decryption at all, and we use URL filtering but a very specific rules that are not about traffic from FW to terminal server.

Also we are using default service routing (so using management interface)

L1 Bithead

Did you ever get to the root cause of this? I am having the same issue which just started today and no recent changes. Getting the same error with firewalls sending their user id data to panorama. 

• 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!