UI issues in PAN OS 10.1.5-h1

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

UI issues in PAN OS 10.1.5-h1

L4 Transporter

Hi All,

I seem to have run into some minor UI bugs in PAN OS 10.1.5-h1:

1. When you open a security policy rule, the tags section is squashed and you cant re-size it or click the drop down (see below)

BenPrice_0-1650351175218.png

2. When you click on the contextual help in the Web GUI, the help webpage that usually loads just seems to go into to some sort of loop and never fully loads unable.

I have tested on 450 and 850, has anyone run into theses issues.

10 REPLIES 10

Community Team Member

Hi @Ben-Price ,

I haven't seen the loop issue on my 10.1 lab setup (PA-VM).

As for the tags issue, this was reported before on the forum but I have no idea if an actual bug was already reported for it:

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/general-topics/tags-text-box-not-visible/m-p/472091#M103176 

Cheers,

-Kiwi.

LIVEcommunity team member, CISSP
Cheers,
Kiwi
Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

L7 Applicator

I had the same issue on panorama. @Ben-Price did you open a TAC case to report the bug?

L2 Linker

I have the same issue only in Chrome related browsers.  Works fine in Firefox.  Opened a support ticket but they were no help at all.  SO just using Firefox for now

L4 Transporter

Thanks @kiwi @KurtHinson using Firefox or increasing Chrome to 110% fixed the tag field for me.

Does anyone experience the contextual help page not loading correctly in PAN OS 10.1.5-h1 (see below)? I have tested in Chrome, Edge and Firefox and issue persists. When you click the click the below button:

BenPrice_0-1650414911675.png

Help page opens in a new browser windows but then never loads and the URL, just seems to jump around:

BenPrice_1-1650415073907.png

L4 Transporter

@kiwi @Remo Have you experienced the issue with the contextual help menu in the GUI not loading correctly in PAN OS 10.1.5-h1?

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Ben-Price,

I can verify that this behavior is reproducible across multiple different platforms running 10.1.5-h1. It tries the load the help menu, but just cycles back to the "Web Search" page that you have a screenshot of above. 

L2 Linker

I'm facing the same issue with contextual help page not loading correctly in PAN-OS 10.1.5-h1. I have physical firewalls (PA-5200 series) and Panorama VM. On the physical FW I have the same behavior that you explain but on Panorama I can see the right frame.

Contextual help on PA-seriesContextual help on PA-series 

Contextual help on PanoramaContextual help on Panorama 

Regards,
Cosmin

L2 Linker

I just updated and found that it resulted in a slow boot loop. Would be forwarding traffic for approx 2-3 minutes and then reboot and all things related to coming up would take apox 8 minutes (traffic forwarding outage). So I rolled back to the pre-update snapshot. Didn't have time to look into it. It boot looped three times before I rolled back.  I was coming from 10.1.3 with stability / uptime of 152 days.  I'll do some research or wait for the next P version and possibly some release notes that speak to this boot loop issue.

L1 Bithead

I have the loop issue (No.2) on PA-820 after Upgrade to PAN-OS 10.1.5-h1 from 10.0.

L1 Bithead

Hi Ben-Price,

Regarding error #2 (contextual help), I received a response from the support team:

----------------------------------------

We have checked internally for this issue, and we have found this is the known issue. This issue has been fixed in panos 10.1.6.

Issue ID: PAN-175022

https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/pan-os/10-1/pan-os-release-notes/pan-os-10-1-6-known-and-addressed...

----------------------------------------

I confirm that. I don't have the context help problem for the PA-820 after upgrading to 10.1.6.

Regards,

SergiyL

• 10 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!