Unable to Authenticate to GP using SMAL

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Authenticate to GP using SMAL

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

On PA 8.1.19 we have configured GP portal and Gateway for SAML authentic in Azure.

We have imported the SAML Metadata XML into SAML identity provider in PA.

Authentication Failed

Please contact the administrator for further assistance

Error code: -1

When I go to GP. url. I get authentic on my phone and I approve it then I get this error on browser.

PA. system log shows sam authentic error.

Server team says that SAML is working fine as it authenticates the user.

Any ideas how can we proceed on this?

MP
13 REPLIES 13

@RamiAkermi 

They both use same redirect url.

Other thing you can try is to reimport the Certificate again.

Regards

MP

Hi @kevin.thomas 

Did you get this to work?
I'm having the same issue.
I'm able to connect to the GP portal but not to GP VPN gateway.
Something else, what's the callback url (ACS url ) that you are using for your vpn gateway?

I am having the same issue. We want to upgrade version 9.1.8 and have a working saml implementation for Globalprotect under 9.0.x . Since now signing and validate "identity provider certificate" is required, signing messages seem obligatory. When I enable the profile with ipc enabled in gateway it works. When I enable it in portal, it doesnt work under version 9.0.x. When I only sign after upgrade under panos 9.1.8, I notice that the translation from UPN (user principal name / emailadresses) to Ad user doesnt work anymore, causing all traffic blocked. I suppose it has something to do with the new saml implementation starting panos 9.1.3 . Did something change on UPN translation on panos 9.1.X ?

The error i get when trying to enable identity provider certificate is :

Failed to validate the signature in IdP certificate "crt.AzureaD-SAML.shared" of entity Id "https://sts.windows.net/xxx"

L1 Bithead

had same issue on my firewall. resolved after re configuring ntp (time settings ). this was because of time difference between SAML authentication URLs and your firewall. default maximum deference is 60s

Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!