cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Unable to retrieve the AUTH code

L1 Bithead

Hello Team,

We are unable to retrieve the AUTH code for a Firewall and same is required to obtain quote for license renewals

5 REPLIES 5

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @Virish_Kundoo

thanks for posting.

Have you activated authorization codes in CSP (Customer Support Portal)? KB for reference: How to Activate Authorization Codes.

If it is activated in CSP, then you should be able to retrieve it from Firewall: How to Retrieve License on the firewall.

Regarding quote for renewal, you will have to contact your reseller / account manager. LIVEcommunity will not be able to help you with quotations.

Kind Regards

Pavel

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

Hello Pavel,

Thanks for your response.

We have not activated authorization codes in CSP, in fact we do not have the AUTH code. The firewall has remained in the box for some years now. we have the serial number of the Chassis  but not the AUTH code. we have contacted the local distributor for the license renewal, but they cannot find the firewall in their system since we do not have the AUTH code, therefore cannot get the pricing for the license renewal.

Is there some way to obtain the AUTH code? please see attached screenshot of how the asset appears on Palo Alto portal

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello @Virish_Kundoo

thank you for reply.

I see. Could you navigate in CSP to Products > Devices, then search Firewall, then  click on edit button (pencil icon). Can you see anything there?

I recall memory that I had one this case that I was renewing Firewall that was in the original box and in meanwhile support / threat lincenses expired. My partner was able to get me quote for renewal though. In cases where I have an issue with renewals, my partner contacts Palo Alto and somebody from Palo Alto team typically gets back to me to sort it out. If your partner can't help you, I would suggest to open a TAC ticket and select this option:

PavelK_0-1694067914699.png

I never used it, however in description it says... licensing.

Kind Regards

Pavel

See attached

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Thank you for reply @Virish_Kundoo

From the screen shot you provided it looks like you navigated to Products > Assets. Could you check it under Products > Devices, then search firewall and click on edit button. Below is a sample for reference:

PavelK_0-1694122387499.png

This is the only place in CSP I can think of you can get that information. If you do not see anything there, then I would open a ticket from CSP: Support Cases > Get Help > Administrative tasks and services.

Kind Regards

Pavel

• 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!