cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Upgrade VM-Series model - VM100 to VM300

L0 Member

Hello.

I have as a goal to upgrade the palo alto firewall from VM100 to VM300.

I am in a process of understanding the process, so I am wondering if I could get some assistance from this forum.

Thank you in advance.

Going through the guide

Upgrade the VM-Series Model (paloaltonetworks.com)

I see at STEP 2, under A point

Make sure that you are using the same account that you used to register the initial license.

I suppose that this refers to the local user that was logged on into the firewall when the license was initially registered?

Is there a way to identify which user was used to register the initial license?

Going to point C at STEP 2, I suppose that API key is some sort of general key used to deactivate the license?

At Step 6, I understand that I should be haveing a VM300 license ready, to activate it from the firewall. Correct?

Best regards!

1 REPLY 1

Community Team Member

Hi @alwi ,

The account refers to the company account registered in the support portal. When you log into the CSP (https://support.paloaltonetworks.com/) , you can navigate to License Management and verify the VM's license you are planning to upgrade is listed. Once logged in, you can retrieve the licensing API key that authenticates your firewall to the Licensing APIs. 

You should have a license ready to activate once you've upgraded the capacity of the image and gone through the steps.

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Jay
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!