VPNC + PAN-OS 7.1

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

VPNC + PAN-OS 7.1

L0 Member

Does anyone use vpnc (As in the linux ipsec client) with xauth connecting to a PA?

We have a bunch o' PA's which we are in the middle of upgrading to 7.1 however once an upgrade from 7.0.6 to 7.1 is done, VPNC will no longer connect. Downgrading back to 7.0.6 again allows VPNC to connect.

The error in the logs is (ISAKMP_N_ATTRIBUTES_NOT_SUPPORTED)(13) which is not particularly informative. I have checked the globalprotect config and verified it is the same as our PA's running 7.0.6. At this point I have had to roll back the upgrade which has brought VPNC again into a working state.

3 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions

L7 Applicator

sound like the following bug which is fixed in PAN-OS 7.1.2:

Snap 2016.05.31 - 003.jpg

View solution in original post

L5 Sessionator

Use following command to resolve the issue:

set cli config-output-format set

configure

show | match "client-auth"

Now in output of last command you will get a line as follows:

set global-protect global-protect-gateway <gateway_name> client-auth <client_auth_name> os any

Change "any" to Any

set global-protect global-protect-gateway <gateway_name> client-auth <client_auth_name> os Any

commit

Hope this helps!

An additional work-around is to create an authentication reference pointed to the same authentication profile as the "Any" line specifically for X-Auth. The below worked in my proof-of-concept lab where I am testing 7.1.2.

GP_ClientAuth.JPG

EDIT: The orginal bug is indeed fixed in 7.1.2, however the bug-fix was not applied in my POC lab since I was upgrading from earlier 7.1 code. To truly fix the "Any" OS option if you find yourself in a similar corner-case rollback to 7.0.x and then re-upgrade to 7.1.2(+) so the migration script can slipstream the bugfix in.

3 REPLIES 3

L7 Applicator

sound like the following bug which is fixed in PAN-OS 7.1.2:

Snap 2016.05.31 - 003.jpg

L5 Sessionator

Use following command to resolve the issue:

set cli config-output-format set

configure

show | match "client-auth"

Now in output of last command you will get a line as follows:

set global-protect global-protect-gateway <gateway_name> client-auth <client_auth_name> os any

Change "any" to Any

set global-protect global-protect-gateway <gateway_name> client-auth <client_auth_name> os Any

commit

Hope this helps!

An additional work-around is to create an authentication reference pointed to the same authentication profile as the "Any" line specifically for X-Auth. The below worked in my proof-of-concept lab where I am testing 7.1.2.

GP_ClientAuth.JPG

EDIT: The orginal bug is indeed fixed in 7.1.2, however the bug-fix was not applied in my POC lab since I was upgrading from earlier 7.1 code. To truly fix the "Any" OS option if you find yourself in a similar corner-case rollback to 7.0.x and then re-upgrade to 7.1.2(+) so the migration script can slipstream the bugfix in.

• 3 accepted solutions
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!