Where do you track your certification progress?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Where do you track your certification progress?

L1 Bithead

Hi all,

I thought you'd want to be able to list your certifications and their expiry dates and any relevant announcements, so you could plan your further study, re-certification...

Also, employers ask about cert updates.

Couldn't find it myself.

Other than a notification email saying a cert expiring in 3 months.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L1 Bithead

Hi all,

I actually found something that worked - Education FAQ:

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/services/education/education-faq#8

Search for "How to View and Print Certificates of Completion"

Hope this helps others too.

Thanks everyone for suggestions, I actually do make calendar entry to remind me about cert expiring, but was about something I could show to my employer...

Cheers,

Alex

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

Yes that is one way. I know I have my personal calendar with expiration dates for certain things and reminders. Also some of the certification agencies can notify you when the certifications are comming due. I know this is true for my CISSP.

Hope that helps.

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@GAleksic,

I personally just keep all of this in my calendar with the respective expiration dates. 

There are professional solutions if your company is trying to manage it for multiple different people, although they aren't really necessary for IT specifically. I've seen TalentGuard and VAIRKKO used by multiple different hospitals and MSPs by their HR departments. 

L1 Bithead

Hi all,

I actually found something that worked - Education FAQ:

https://www.paloaltonetworks.com/services/education/education-faq#8

Search for "How to View and Print Certificates of Completion"

Hope this helps others too.

Thanks everyone for suggestions, I actually do make calendar entry to remind me about cert expiring, but was about something I could show to my employer...

Cheers,

Alex

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!