Global Protect Connected but no internet connectivity

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Global Protect Connected but no internet connectivity

L0 Member

Hi All,

We have recently configurated a Global Protect VPN in our environment.

As we extended it to more people we started facing few issues:

1. Not able to join zoom meetings.

2. outlook shows disconnected

3. Can not sign-in into skype

4. Suddenly internet connectivity drops and have to reboot the machine.

We are running global protect on PA- 850 (8.1.11) and Global Protec Client 5.0.8-4

We are making use of "Pre-log on on-demand" connection method.

Has any one of you faced same kind of issues?

11 REPLIES 11

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@Nikhil300992 

so do you mean to say that zoom and outlook were for sometime and then gets disconnected or it never gets connected at all?

Are you using split tunnel?

What does traffic  log shows for connection to outlook and zoom and Skype?

Does other internet website works fine without issues?

Regards

MP

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.

Zoom and outlook have intermittent connectivity. 
It works for some time and shows disconnected, iser have to refresh the connection or reconnect to make it work. 

zoom calls keeps on spinning. 

yes, we are making use of Split tunnel. 
We are excluding “*.zoom.us” but still UDP-8801 traffic can be seen in the firewall logs. 

traffic logs, route tables, everything looks fine as per the TAC. 

even though GP shows connected, some times user also loose internet connecivity, can not open any website (internal and external), can not resolve DNS, can not ping 8.8.8.8. 

i want to ask one question, what if system has 2 VPN solutions, Cisco Any Connect and Global Protect, does this creates an issue, TAC said if 2 solutions are running on system, it may create an issue. (But i am not convinced with statement)

@Nikhil300992 

Yes you can have two VPN solutions on the Laptop.

You can only use one at a time to avoid any issues.

Depending on your requirement you can switch between the two.

As you are working with TAC then he should fix your issue if not you can escalate to next level.

I can only guess here as i do not know your PA configuration and Network Topology.

Regards

MP

There can always be an issue if there are 2 VPN clients installed on the machine at the same time due to the way that they have to create their own virtual interfaces,  That doesn't always mean that this will cause an issue. 

Now, if you are trying to USE both VPN solutions at the same time.. that will almost guarantee to be an issue.  

As long as you are not using BOTH at the same time.. then it SHOULDN'T cause an issue.. 

Just wanted to let everyone else know that if they are having any GlobalProtect issues, and need to troubleshoot the issue, our Very own @kiwi has written a great blog all about troubleshooting GlobalProtect.

Be sure to check it out here: 
https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/blogs/dotw-globalprotect-troubleshooting-tips/ba-p/383911

I do hope that TAC can help resolve your issue though.

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Joe
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

L0 Member

Hi, having similar issue. GP is connected, but cuts off internet completely. As soon as I disconnect GP, internet is back. Please divert me where the solution is discussed. thanks 

L1 Bithead

hi, we have the same problem. Is there already a solution to this? Thanks a lot

@Christian-Huss 

Which GP version you are running?

Which PAN OS you are running?

Which connection method you are using?

Split tunnel or not?

Is this issue with single users or all the users? 

Need to know all these answers before we can move forward?

Regards

MP

Community Team Member

Hi @Christian-Huss @TamasCsakai ,

Did you ever find a solution to this? 

LIVEcommunity team member
Stay Secure,
Jay
Don't forget to Like items if a post is helpful to you!

Please help out other users and “Accept as Solution” if a post helps solve your problem !

Read more about how and why to accept solutions.

Hi JayGolf, not really. We have not yet completely solved the problem. It was more of a MacBook problem. Mostly, the users created some kind of workaround with which they could work.

Hi MP18

Version 5.2.10

PANOS 9.1.13-h1

Split tunnel

Mostly Apple MacBook Useres

L0 Member

I have the same problem witch PANOS 10.1.8 ano GP 5.2.10-6.  I don't have any traffic to LAN.

• 11 replies
  • 2 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!