GlobalProtect disconnect when remote machine display turns off

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GlobalProtect disconnect when remote machine display turns off

L0 Member

Hello,

I am experiencing disconnects from a vendor GlobalProtect VPN on a remote machine when I close local RDP sessions to the remote machine. This issue is preventing automated jobs from running properly unless someone is RDPed into the machine. I have been working with the vendor (and my own Google-fu) on this issue for a month to no avail and would appreciate any help or suggestions.

The setup:

Local (home) machine: Windows 10 Home

Remote machine: Windows Server 2019 Standard. GlobalProtect 4.1.11-9

I set up a simple connection-checking logger and have narrowed the problem to the RDP sessions closing. I have reason to believe that the choice of local machine does not matter since I am able to resolve the issue by RDPing from other local machines. It seems that as long as the display on the remote machine is active, the GP VPN works fine. Once the display is inactive the VPN connection drops. I thought that maybe my entire network connectivity was dropping when the remote machine was in sleep - but using a logger and running jobs that connect to the internet I was able to verify that the internet connection is working as expected.

I am happy to provide more details. Thank you for reading.

1 REPLY 1

L2 Linker

Please have a look at this doc on Step 14, App option "User Switch Tunnel Rename Timeout
https://docs.paloaltonetworks.com/globalprotect/8-1/globalprotect-admin/globalprotect-portals/define...

Let me know if that helps

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!