GP asking for credentials and authenticating while in the office

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

GP asking for credentials and authenticating while in the office

L0 Member

Hello Everyone,

I have set up an internal host detection in my GP config but I am still getting notified for authentication and then the GP client connects while in the office. I can ping the internal host from the office and as well when I am connected to GP. Any ideas what might be going on?

Thanks

2 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions

L3 Networker

Hi,

The GP portal can provide an IP address and DNS hostname as part of the information passed to the client, which the client can use to determine whether it is inside or outside the corporate network:

•The agent performs a reverse lookup on the IP address. If it receives the expected hostname as a response, the agent assumes it is on an internal network and connects to the gateways in the
internal list.

•If no response is received for the lookup, the client connects to the gateways in the external list. If an internal host detection hostname and address pair is not provided, the client connection attempts to connect to the internal gateways first, then to the external gateways.

The DNS hostname and IP address must correspond to a device whose name can be resolved only by an internal name server.

Best Regards,
Suresh

View solution in original post

Thanks for that. I ended up adding a reverse lookup zone for that subnet and that resolved my issue. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L3 Networker

Hi,

The GP portal can provide an IP address and DNS hostname as part of the information passed to the client, which the client can use to determine whether it is inside or outside the corporate network:

•The agent performs a reverse lookup on the IP address. If it receives the expected hostname as a response, the agent assumes it is on an internal network and connects to the gateways in the
internal list.

•If no response is received for the lookup, the client connects to the gateways in the external list. If an internal host detection hostname and address pair is not provided, the client connection attempts to connect to the internal gateways first, then to the external gateways.

The DNS hostname and IP address must correspond to a device whose name can be resolved only by an internal name server.

Best Regards,
Suresh

Thanks for that. I ended up adding a reverse lookup zone for that subnet and that resolved my issue. 

Hi  Mudhireddy 

if the firewall do not config internal gateway,  when the agent performs a reverse lookup on the IP address. If it receives the expected hostname as a response, the agent assumes it is on an internal network ,then it do not connect any thing ,right ?

• 2 accepted solutions
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!