Multiple versions needed to access different portals

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Multiple versions needed to access different portals

L1 Bithead

We are a service company that needs to access various customer sites. Several of our customers use Palo Alto Global Protect, but not all of them are up to date, and we have to use several different versions of the Global Protect "client" software (note sure if that's the term to use) to access these various sites. As a service company, we are not in a position to dictate to our customers that hey must update their VPN software. Is there a way that a SINGLE version of the "client" can access all the various and out-dated versions of Global Protect we encounter?

Juggling multitudes of remote access issues
8 REPLIES 8

L0 Member

I have same question, we have Mac's needs to run on 5.2.10 and windows 5.28- But when activate 5.2.8 , It asking Mac user to downgrade to the preferred version. 

Similar to my problem. 

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hello,

As a service company, you can recommend they upgrade and use the release notes as a reason why. What about site to site VPN tunnels? I know this might not work in many cases but worth a try. Perhaps allow only the secure remote control software from your main IP's to the client sites? 

Just some thoughts around the problem.

Regards, 

L1 Bithead

This sounds like a solution, but I need more information on how to implement this. So far, anytime I try to install a different version of Palo Alto Global Protect, I get an error message that states I have to uninstall the other version and re-install. How do I create multiple versions on the same PC?

Yeah, we recommend, but the customer makes the final call on how to secure their own network, and most choose their own path regardless of what we suggest.

L3 Networker

I set a common practice for my customers to set the "Allow Users to Upgrade GlobalProtect App" to disable in the portal agent until they are going through an upgrade process of the client. That way the upgrade/downgrade popups do not appear.

L1 Bithead

Just a thought, and it's a bit beyond my personal abilities, but has anyone tried partitioning their hard drive and installing the various versions on different partitions? Does that even make sense?

Did you find a solution to this?

I'm looking for settings to apply, otherwise will create VMs for the different app versions.

• 8 replies
  • 1 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!