Unable to access Youtube,com while using GlobalProtect vpn

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Unable to access Youtube,com while using GlobalProtect vpn

L1 Bithead

Dear All,

I am using split tunnel in our GlobalProtect vpn and have excluded youtube.com. It was working fine but our users are unable to access youtube while on vpn for a few weeks now. 

Below Errors:

This site can’t be reached

The web page at https://youtube.com/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_ADDRESS_INVALID

and when using google search to access youtube.com it shows below error even though it loads the page but the error is in the middle of the page:

Connect to the Internet
You're offline. Check your connection.

Is it possible to have some assistance on this please.

Kind Regards,
Ather

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

What version of GlobalProtect are you using?  Does this affect all users all the time?

My users have experienced this problem intermittently.  Here is a post I made with more details https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/general-topics/globalprotect-split-tunnel-some-clients-get-inva...

The "solution" to my problem has been to have the user reboot, or restart the PanGPS Service if they have rights.  Afterwards, everything works again.

I am hoping the newer versions of GlobalProtect have fixed the problem but have not been able to test that.  For example, the 5.2.4 release notes included this note

GPC-11805

Fixed an intermittent issue where, when split tunnel was configured
based on the destination domain and application, users were not
allowed access to specific fully qualified domain names after changing
the network.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

What version of GlobalProtect are you using?  Does this affect all users all the time?

My users have experienced this problem intermittently.  Here is a post I made with more details https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/general-topics/globalprotect-split-tunnel-some-clients-get-inva...

The "solution" to my problem has been to have the user reboot, or restart the PanGPS Service if they have rights.  Afterwards, everything works again.

I am hoping the newer versions of GlobalProtect have fixed the problem but have not been able to test that.  For example, the 5.2.4 release notes included this note

GPC-11805

Fixed an intermittent issue where, when split tunnel was configured
based on the destination domain and application, users were not
allowed access to specific fully qualified domain names after changing
the network.

Dear Chatham,

Restarting PanGPS from windows task manager worked for me.

I will try the same with other users and update here. 

Thank you very much,

Sorry but it's not playing videos and giving below errors:

Connect to the internet

You're offline

We are using GlobalProtect version 5.2.6-87 on our machines, I will upgrade to the newer version to see if it starts working.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!