Unable to connect to the Global Protect on new Windows 10 build.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Unable to connect to the Global Protect on new Windows 10 build.

L4 Transporter

Hi All,

A client has run into a strange intermittent issue with GP clients not connecting correctly on a new build of a Windows 10 laptop. The issue also randomly happens on some existing domain machines. 

Basically, the GP client doesn't connect the first time when logging in with a domain account and a registry key needs to edited and / or the Windows credentials need to be added to Windows credential manager to resolve the problem.

I see an 'invalid portal' message in the PanGPA log and a message that the user cant open there Pan_PUAC (see below):

Failed to open file C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Palo Alto Networks\GlobalProtect\PanPUAC_121620b54af6157948988a44540f448.dat

Client has provided the below workflow:

I just setup a new machine and the following occurred.

I logged into a machine Dell XPS 13”Win 10 latest edition as a new local user

Installed GP

Connected to VPN using duo auth

GP wanted to update and did. Then I reconnected GP.

Connected machine to work domain

Rebooted machine

Connected to VPN as local user

Locked machine using control alt del

Selected other user and typed in creds for new user

User profile created.

Rebooted machine

Logged in as new domain user and tried to access VPN.

Oops error occurs and you can’t login.

So you follow steps here https://goddamnpc.com/vpn-error-the-computer-must-be-trusted-for-delegation-and-the-current-user-acc...   and reboot

Then VPN connects after password and duo verification and you get the success and green tick.

After that the grey world just has the dots running around for ever and you never connect.

Sometimes, disconnecting and reconnecting gives you a connection sometimes not.

If all else fails you then add the domain user and password to the cred manager windows and that seems to fix the problem.

This issue has only recently been happening. So I’m not sure where the issue lies.

Has anyone come across or experienced this issue before?

1 REPLY 1

L4 Transporter

@BPry @kiwi Any ideas here?

• 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!