Using Attributes to control Global Protect Access

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Using Attributes to control Global Protect Access

L0 Member

I'm using Google as my IDP to authenticate access to Global Protect for the bulk of my users. I have a second gateway/portal that is just local users/groups and I have policies that restrict their access, and I want to mimic that with my main PortalGateway. Ideally I want to pass an attribute to PA that says this person gets this access.  I am familiar with adding attribute fields on the IDP side.  What I don't know is what is configurable on the PA side? 

2 REPLIES 2

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

@JJancel,

I'm not entirely clear on what you are actually attempting to accomplish here. What resources GlobalProtect uses receive should be done through the security rulebase, not through attributes. 

Look at step 5 of this document, https://www.bitbodyguard.com/articles/palo-alto-networks/google-cloud-identity-as-saml-idp/. I want to use attributes to pass settings that are applied to the person logging in.  

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!