We want to know which events should we be monitoring in SYSTEM events logs to know that the IPsec tunnel is down and back up again.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

We want to know which events should we be monitoring in SYSTEM events logs to know that the IPsec tunnel is down and back up again.

L2 Linker

Hello, 

Would like to know which specific log events from the system logs for IPsec we should be monitoring to know that the IPsec tunnel has gone down and got back up. 

We don't have tunnel monitoring or path monitoring configured so this is the only way we can monitor the tunnel going up or down. Which logs in the SYSTEM logs can we monitor which indicates that a tunnel has gone down. And also which event indicates that TUNNEL is back up (For both IKEv1 and IKEv2) ?

1 REPLY 1

Cyber Elite
Cyber Elite

Hi @Kandarp_Desai ,

The following filter under Device > Log Settings > System work well for me.  The 1st half of the "or" lets me know the VPN is back up, and the 2nd half lets me know the VPN is down.

( subtype eq 'vpn' ) and (( description contains 'IKEv2 child SA negotiation is succeeded as responder, non-rekey' ) or ( description contains 'down'))

Thanks,

Tom

Help the community: Like helpful comments and mark solutions.
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!