False Positive Submission (Generic.ml)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

False Positive Submission (Generic.ml)

L1 Bithead

Dear Support,

I would like to report a false positive detection on VirusTotal for our product, 5 minutes after release.

The program is clean, signed by a trusted party and doesn't contain any unwanted behavior.

My company is developer a computer management system, there was a problem detecting viruses. From the virustotal website engine base "Palo Alto Networks".
Functionality generally requires server-client communication, so I want to inform that the file. My "OfficeaAgent.exe" does not contain a virus component. Please proceed with the investigation. And update the virus information at the site

Attachment
https://moscii-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/danai_ch_codesuite_co_th/EuBUN-qM9m9JvDCS6W8tL_4Bz3s...

This my site :
https://starcatsoftware.com/

Best Regards

Danai Cha.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

No longer considered malicious

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

L4 Transporter

My name is Troy from the PAN TAC CyberSecurity team.  Please allow us to research this issue for you.

thanks for your support, Please let me know if you have any quistions.

We have changed the sample to benign.

Thank you for your help, I have a question for same file name in cases on the different creation date

example

SHA256: 754a64c9d7911cd6ef9be2aef1bc21fca677805cf7c414bf6101fbaa41c4c6fe

and

SHA256: 9e4c21def844200a601beca384ddfa69eb0b1b22e3a875b30887e71b5f976005

Files from the same source code different date of creation. And investigations from different virustotal web
Will the verification still be safe, what are your recommendations ?

Submitted

No longer considered malicious

thanks for your support, Please let me know if you have any quistions.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!