roll back mgmt-interface-swap=enable

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

roll back mgmt-interface-swap=enable

L1 Bithead

add this to the user data on my vm instance after it was already configured.
Not the brightest choice..

The PA VM has become unreachable as a result and I'm trying to figure out how to roll this back. Is that possible?
Can't find any documentation on rolling back this.

Tried

removed the user-data and mgmt-interface-swap=disable. Unsuccessfully..

Recommendations to rollback this change.

2 REPLIES 2

L4 Transporter

You could potentially run the following command but it sounds like you have lost access entirely.  Interface Swap just moves the management to ETH1 of the instance which may have a different security group that is blocking access.  You may want to try adding a bastion host and access the firewall from within the VPC to circumvent any routing to a NatGW that is preventing inbound due to the different subnet.

set system setting mgmt-interface-swap enable no

Thank you for your reply, but I ended creating a template from the old one and just rebuilding..

• 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!