XML API - Get thret ID and CVE (version 8.0)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

XML API - Get thret ID and CVE (version 8.0)

L1 Bithead

Hello.

Working with firewalls on version 7 with a query to the following path: xpath=/config/predefined/threats/vulnerability  I was able to get an XML with CVE of every threat, but on version 8 XML doen't contain associated CVE.

Are any other path to get threat ID/CVE from the API?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

L4 Transporter

Hello,

I confirmed this on my firewalls, PAN-OS 7.1 shows threat metadata and PAN-OS 8.0 only has the threat name.  Looking into it and will let you know.  Thanks for your patience.

Thanks,

-Brian

This has been opened as issue PAN-81194.  We'll investigate and if it turns out to be a bug we will push a fix into a future 8.0.x maintenance release.

Unfortunately, I don't know of a workaround at this time, but will let you know if I come up with anything.

Thanks for your help!

L4 Transporter

Looks like this just got fixed today in the PAN-OS 8.0.4 release (PAN-76042). Good work, @btorresgil.

Glad to help, and thanks for your patience.

Hello again.

On version 8.0.4 I continue having the same problem:

bug.PNG

How can I solve it?

Thanks

PAN-OS 8.0 depletes CVE information from old XPATH

For 8.0.4 onward, please use new XPATH in op command.

type=op&cmd=<show><predefined><xpath>/predefined/threats/vulnerability</xpath>

Example of working output

<response status="success"><result><vulnerability>
<entry name="35931" p="yes">
<threatname>HP Data Protector OmniInet Opcode Buffer Overflow Vulnerability</threatname>
<cve xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
<member>CVE-2011-1865</member>
</cve>
<category>overflow</category>
<severity>high</severity>
<affected-host>
<server>yes</server>
</affected-host>
<default-action>alert</default-action>
</entry>

The example above is close, not sure if some of it got stripped out. This works for me on latest versions V8 and higher.

https[:]//IPADDRESS/api/?key=YOURKEY&type=op&cmd=<show><predefined><xpath>/predefined/threats/vulnerability</xpath></predefined></show>

• 7 replies
  • 2 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!