Cortex XDR Agent V 8.0.1.100321 is not running correctly on Elementary OS 7 (Horus)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

Cortex XDR Agent V 8.0.1.100321 is not running correctly on Elementary OS 7 (Horus)

L1 Bithead

I have installed Cortex XDR on my corporate laptop which runs the subjected Linux operating system. I used the DEB package and used below command to install.

sudo dpkg -i <cortex_pacakage>.deb

But after the installation Cortex agent is not running properly. Please see to the attached screenshot.

15 REPLIES 15

Hi @DS1465 ,

So as the screenshot depicts, you can see that the Core(cc-<>....paloaltonetworks.com), the home( ch-<>....paloaltonetworks.com) and the datacenter(dc-<>....paloaltonetworks.com) URL is not able to connect, it is a clear indication that the agent is not able to connect to the cloud. Please check if you have network connections whitelisted as required in Resources Required to Enable Access to Cortex XDR on your firewalls.

If this is an endpoint in an air-gapped network please see if you have a broker vm deployed and add the proxy IP and port connection to the config file prior to the installation of the agent. Check if the agent is able to connect afterwards post instalaltion.

In case you need more help, collect logs from the agent, and then open a support case. 

Hope this helps!

Please mark the response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your query.

• 15 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!