Cortex XQL help

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Cortex XQL help

L0 Member

Hello Dear Community, I want to count events based on specified time periods. For example I want to query hosts that scanned more than 50 hosts in 10 seconds. How can I write XQL in that case?  

Cortex XDR 

2 REPLIES 2

L5 Sessionator

Hello @elnur.abbasov ,

Could you please confirm what kindly of events are you looking for and what type of scanning you have mentioned.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Ashutosh Patil

L2 Linker

Hello @elnur.abbasov ,

Not a direct answer to your question, but you may start with the one that I'm using:

dataset = xdr_data
//Event_type = 2 is referred to "NETWORK"
//Search for remote host that scan for specific ports
| filter event_type = 2 and action_network_is_server = True and action_remote_ip not in (null, "::1", "127.0.0.1") and causality_actor_process_image_path = "System" 
| comp count_distinct(action_local_ip) as connection_count, values(action_local_ip) as destination by action_remote_ip,action_local_port
| filter connection_count > 100

//Joining XDR endpoint dataset to validate the present of Cortex XDR agent on Remote IP
| join type=left conflict_strategy = right  (
    dataset=endpoints 
    | filter ip_address != null 
    | fields ip_address, endpoint_name
    | arrayexpand ip_address) as ep ep.ip_address = action_remote_ip
| filter endpoint_name = null
//Correlate hostname based on ip address. This information are obtained from NGFW. (Fairly reliable, but not 100% accurate - especially workstation's ip will change due to DHCP.)
| join type= left conflict_strategy = right (
    preset = network_story 
    | filter action_external_hostname != null
    | dedup action_local_ip
    | fields action_external_hostname as DNS_name, action_local_ip) as FWdata fwdata.action_local_ip = action_remote_ip 
| fields action_remote_ip as remote_ip, DNS_name, destination, connection_count, action_local_port as destination_port
| sort desc connection_count

Let me know if you have any questions.

AC
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!