panReadOrders crashes daily

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

panReadOrders crashes daily

Excerpt from panReadOrders.log below.   I can manually process csv log files for machine learning but the daily process doesn't work.

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/html/console/messaging/classes/PaloAltoNetworks/Processes/PeriodicTask.php on line 14
Checking: PeriodicLogCollectorCompacter
Thu, 11 Nov 2021 15:41:50 +0000 Start Task
Checking CSV logs from device(s) 000000000000000 ,111111111111111 ,2222222222222222 ,333333333333333

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/html/console/messaging/classes/PaloAltoNetworks/Processes/PeriodicLogCollectorCompacter.php on line 104

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/html/libs/common/device/CsvFilesProcesser.php on line 130

Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 3 passed to accessControl() must be of the type integer, null given, called in /var/www/html/libs/common/device/CsvFilesProcesser.php on line 132 and defined in /var/www/html/userManager/API/accessControl_CLI.php:23
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/libs/common/device/CsvFilesProcesser.php(132): accessControl('any', Array, NULL)
#1 /var/www/html/console/messaging/classes/PaloAltoNetworks/Processes/PeriodicLogCollectorCompacter.php(104): PaloAltoNetworks\Sentinel\Devices\CsvFilesProcesser->processCSVLogs(NULL)
#2 /var/www/html/console/messaging/classes/PaloAltoNetworks/Processes/PeriodicLogCollectorCompacter.php(80): PeriodicLogCollectorCompacter->processCSVLogs(Array)
#3 /var/www/html/console/messaging/classes/PaloAltoNetworks/Processes/PeriodicLogCollectorCompacter.php(31): PeriodicLogCollectorCompacter->execute()
#4 /var/www/html/console/messaging/classes/PaloAltoNetworks/Processes/ClassLoader.php(69): PeriodicLogCollectorCompacter->start()
#5 /var/www/html/console/messaging/classes in /var/www/html/userManager/API/accessControl_CLI.php on line 23

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

I deleted the parquet files "SETTINGS - M. LEARNING - DATA ANALYSIS STRUCTURES FOLDER - DELETE Connections.parquet FILES" and then manually imported the last 30 Days of logs and the scheduled log import has been working for about a week now.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

L4 Transporter

Can you send over a screenshot of your folder permissions for the PALogs and the folder within PALogs.

PALogs rights.png

Can you also show the PALogs folder permissions as well?

That is represented by the first line "." ( current directory ).  The second line ".." ( parent directory, in this case the root directory )

The PALogs folder itself should also be owned by www-data:expedition otherwise it cannot write to the folder within PALogs.

I change the group for the PALogs folder and did a recursive rights to 775.  Thanks for the info.  Should know tomorrow if that fixed the issue.

PALogs rights.png

Thank you for the update and good luck with your migration.

Unfortunately the panReadOrders crashed again after the group ownership/permission changes to PALogs folder.

Hello @ChristopherMarston 

Something could have become corrupted, can you run the following commands and show the output?

history | grep upgrade

I don't believe any OS or package upgrades have been done since the original install of Ubuntu 16.04.7 LTS

ubuntu@host:/home/userSpace$ history | grep upgrade
1101 history | grep upgrade

Hello @ChristopherMarston 

Typically the cause is rabbitmq so if you perform the following steps it can resolve it.

apt-get remove rabbitmq-server && apt-get purge rabbitmq-server

then reinstall it

apt-get install rabbitmq-server

Sudo rabbitmq-server start

Performed the steps you recommended and still panReadOrders crashes when running on schedule.  It may not be related but I had always added firewalls via Panorama device and then enabled ML with-in each device.  I recently tried to enable ML on the Panorama device and then add it to a project selecting specific Device Group in the collector setup.  The analyze stage would always hang so I gave up but it seems this problem has been occurring since then.  I've since deleted the project I was using to test and went back to Device / Panorama and removed the path, auto-process, logs from syslog and saved the settings.  It may be coincidental but it seems these issues started when tried doing ML on a Device Group as described above.

panReadOrders is still crashing requiring that I process logs manually/daily.  Any help is appreciated.

I deleted the parquet files "SETTINGS - M. LEARNING - DATA ANALYSIS STRUCTURES FOLDER - DELETE Connections.parquet FILES" and then manually imported the last 30 Days of logs and the scheduled log import has been working for about a week now.

• 1 accepted solution
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!