ACC and filtering App Category or Sub Category

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Please sign in to see details of an important advisory in our Customer Advisories area.

ACC and filtering App Category or Sub Category

L1 Bithead

I couldn't find an answer after searching for a bit, so I thought I'd ask the community.

In the ACC tab within the PANOS web UI, if I select an application in the report, within the Application Information section that appears I get links for the App Category and App Sub Category.  I can then drop the filter for the Application, and work with the App Category or App Sub Category filters... which apparently aren't accessible through Add Filters.

pan-acc-appfilter.png

Does anyone know of a way to enter a filter for even just the App Category through Add Filters in ACC, or is this the normal workflow?  I would think this would be a good feature (as well as being able to filter the app category within the Monitor tab), but want to be sure I'm just not missing something.

1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions

L5 Sessionator

Currently, the options available in the Drop-Down should be used as Primary Filters in ACC ,you can then drill-down using the sub-categories ,as you have  aptly discovered.

Options to get ACC o/p based on sub-categories can come in handy. Please discuss the options for filing a Feature Request with your SE.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

L1 Bithead

In addition to App Category and App Sub Category, it looks like the ACC is able to filter based on App Technology (also not in the dropdown).  The only thing that is missing is App Characteristic, then we'd have the full set of filter values from the App-ID list.

L5 Sessionator

Currently, the options available in the Drop-Down should be used as Primary Filters in ACC ,you can then drill-down using the sub-categories ,as you have  aptly discovered.

Options to get ACC o/p based on sub-categories can come in handy. Please discuss the options for filing a Feature Request with your SE.

Okay, that's what I thought, but wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something or had something mis-configured.  I agree that it would come in handy.

One thing to note, I was able to find the attribute names for searching categories and sub-categories within the logs.  They're just not visible as options in the Add Filter menu.  App Category is category-of-app, and App Sub Category is subcategory-of-app.

( category-of-app eq value )

( subcategory-of-app eq value )

Thanks for the reply!

• 1 accepted solution
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
Like what you see?

Show your appreciation!

Click Like if a post is helpful to you or if you just want to show your support.

Click Accept as Solution to acknowledge that the answer to your question has been provided.

The button appears next to the replies on topics you’ve started. The member who gave the solution and all future visitors to this topic will appreciate it!

These simple actions take just seconds of your time, but go a long way in showing appreciation for community members and the LIVEcommunity as a whole!

The LIVEcommunity thanks you for your participation!